The health of our patients, staff, and guests, are always our top priority. We would like to give you some info on the current status of the Coronavirus and how it will affect our office. I’m going to divide this content into what you can do and what we will be doing. We all understand that while there are healthy things that you can do to make your body more resistant to illness, there is no cure or foolproof way to prevent contracting this virus.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
THE BEST WAY TO PREVENT ILLNESS IS TO PRACTICE HEALTHY HABITS. AS A REMINDER, THE CDC RECOMMENDS EVERYDAY PREVENTATIVE ACTIONS TO HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF RESPIRATORY DISEASES, INCLUDING:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- When you come into our office, please wash your hands upon entering or sanitizing when you come in.
WHAT TOMPKINS FAMILY CHIROPRACTIC IS DOING
- Require daily temperature checks for the staff as they enter the office.
- Providing disinfectants, sanitizers throughout our facility.
- Staff members disinfect surfaces on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Requiring that staff stay home if ill.
- Nightly cleaning crews disinfect surfaces and equipment thoroughly.
- Asking that all staff, members and guests follow the 3 C’s (COVER, CLEAN, CONTAIN) when sneezing or coughing to stay healthy and help stop the spread of COVID, influenza and other illnesses.
We will continue to monitor developments related issues and communicate updates with you as necessary. You can also keep up to date at the Pima County Health Department site here.
Here are also some other simple steps that you can consider to improve the function of your immune system naturally
1. Get enough sleep: Sleep produces cytokines, one of the proteins that target infection and inflammation:
2. Eat well: While no single food is going to prevent illness, a diet full of nutrient dense foods will help keep your immune system strong.
3. Watch the sugar: 100G of sugar (1 bottle of soda and a cookie), can decrease your immune function by as much as 40%
4. Don’t Worry: Especially in this time of mass panic, so many of us are worried. Realize that worry is also something that weakens the immune system. So don’t fear, go out and live.
5. Get Adjusted: Upper cervical chiropractic adjustments improve white blood cell count, allowing your body to better fight illness.
As always, it is a great pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you. Have a great weekend.