The health of our patients, staff, and guests, are always our top priority. We would like to give you some info on the current status of the Coronavirus and how it will affect our office.
Because there’s so much panic happening around us right now, it’s important that each of us understand the facts of the situation – the things you should worry about and the things that you should not spend too much energy fretting over. As of today (Friday March 13th), there are only 2 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Pima County according to the CDC and the Pima County Department of Health.
The CDC has reassured us that the citizens of the United States are at a very low risk to contract COVID-19. That is true, even with the declaration of the National State of Emergency. Myself and the team at Tompkins Family Chiropractic are in contact with the CDC and Pima County Department of Health on a regular basis. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and give updates as needed.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
THE BEST WAY TO PREVENT ILLNESS IS TO PRACTICE HEALTHY HABITS. AS A REMINDER, THE CDC RECOMMENDS EVERYDAY PREVENTATIVE ACTIONS TO HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF RESPIRATORY DISEASES, INCLUDING:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
WHAT TOMPKINS FAMILY CHIROPRACTIC IS DOING
- Providing disinfectants, sanitizers throughout our facility.
- Staff members disinfect surfaces on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Encourage staff to stay home if ill.
- Nightly cleaning crews disinfect surfaces and equipment thoroughly.
- Asking that all staff, members and guests follow the 3 C’s (COVER, CLEAN, CONTAIN) when sneezing or coughing to stay healthy and help stop the spread of coronavirus, influenza and other illnesses.
- Our office will be open during normal business hours next week.
We will continue to monitor developments related issues and communicate updates with you as necessary. You can also keep up to date at the Pima County Health Department site here.
Here are also some other simple steps that you can consider to improve the function of your immune system naturally
1. Get enough sleep: Sleep produces cytokines, one of the proteins that target infection and inflammation:
2. Eat well: While no single food is going to prevent illness, a diet full of nutrient dense foods will help keep your immune system strong.
3. Watch the sugar: 100G of sugar (1 bottle of soda and a cookie), can decrease your immune function by as much as 40%
4. Don’t Worry: Especially in this time of mass panic, so many of us are worried. Realize that worry is also something that weakens the immune system. So don’t fear, go out and live.
5. Get Adjusted: Upper cervical chiropractic adjustments improve white blood cell count, allowing your body to better fight illness.
As always, it is a great pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you. Have a great weekend.