As you already know, Pima County has released a new policy on masks in public places. Because of this, I thought I should let you know how things are going to work here at Tompkins Family Chiropractic.
“Under this proclamation, Pima County residents must wear a face covering that covers one’s nose and mouth when in public or a situation where the individual cannot practice social distancing protocols.
A public place was identified as any location indoor or outdoor, including businesses, public buildings, officers, highways, parks and public transportation.”
There are a few exceptions outlined by the county as well. They are:
- Children under the age of five
- People who cannot medically tolerate wearing a face covering
- People who are hearing impaired or communicate with the hearing impaired
- Law enforcement officers and other individuals who would create risk related to their work as determined by local, state federal regulators or workplace safety guidelines
- People who are receiving a service that involve their nose, face or head
- People who are eating or drinking at a restaurant or food and beverage service establishment.
- People who are in a public place together and live in the same household or a part of a party of 10 or less
- People who are engaging in outdoor work, recreation or exercise
- People who are incarcerated
- People who are swimming
I know that there are multiple sides to this situation. For many you’ve likely heard that masks aren’t a perfect solution to the COVID 19 problem. We also know that there are certain health challenges when wearing masks. They can affect your breathing, they can affect oxygenation to different parts of the body. Or maybe we just don’t like the idea of our freedoms being taken away by being forced to wear masks.
There’s no perfect answer but for now, we are going to be follow the pima county ordinances until further notice.
Your schedule will not change at all in the office (except for our vacation schedule): We are closed the week of June 29th Through July 2nd, we’ll reopen Monday July 6th.