By: Dr. Emil Tompkins a Tucson Chiropractor with a passion for family health and wellness.
Flu season is coming and Tucson Chiropractic office, Tompkins Family Chiropractic, will be giving patients a big immune boost this fall. But will it be the flu shot? Sorry, this is a very misleading title and I’ll let you know right away that we are not providing flu shots. Here are a few reasons why.
First I must explain some facts about the immune system that everyone should know. There are 2 types of immune responses. Th1 is cellular immunity, th2 is humoral immunity. Th1 is permanent, Th2 isn’t. Th2 is also related to inflammatory conditions. If there is a balance in those immune responses then our body is healthy, but if Th2 is dominant, then the body will experience abnormally high inflammatory responses, leading to Inflammatory diseases (heart disease, cancers, autoimmune disorders.) What things cause Th2 imbalance (bad immune response)?
- Antibiotics (overuse)
- lack of exposure to microbes (dirt)
Because of this, and the fact that I never prescribe medications, we will not be providing flu shots. But there will be an immune boost nonetheless. There are numerous studies on Chiropractic and it’s effect on the immune system and the results are pretty surprising but awesome.
- 107 individuals were tested who had received long-term Chiropractic care. The chiropractic patients were shown to have a 200% greater immune competence than people who had not received chiropractic care, and a 400% greater immune competence than people with cancer or serious diseases. Interestingly, Pero found no decline with the various age groups in the study demonstrating that the DNA repairing enzymes were just as present in long-term chiropractic senior groups as they were in the younger groups.
- Chiropractic adjustments in many studies have been shown to improve white blood cell count.
If you want to improve the function of your immune system, you can turn to artificial immunity of a vaccine. Or you can boost your body’s immune response naturally with Chiropractic care. It’s your choice.
Here are a few other things that you can try to boost your immune system.
- Exercise: It is shown through research that regular aerobic exercise will reduce sick days by 40%
- Stress: Stress increases inflammation which fuels the TH2 immune response. This imbalance creates long-term inflammation.
- water: water intake improves the production and travel of lymph, the immune material that allows white blood cells to travel through the body to fight disease
- sugar: sugar increases inflammation levels and decreases immune function so avoid sugar whenever possible.
Follow those steps and stop in to our Northwest Tucson Chiropractic office for your adjustment and give your immune system a workout. Your body will thank you for it.
Tompkins Family Chiropractic Marana and Northwest Tucson, Call 520.572.2596 http://www.tompkinschiropractic.com From back pain to sciatica, neck pain to headaches, ADHD to Autism, Dr. Tompkins creates an individualized health program to suit your specific needs. Come see why we were voted Best in the Northwest 3 years in a row. Whether you’re plagued with pain or pain free and just want to perform better, Dr. Tompkins has a program that will work for you and your family. Call us at 520.572.2596 and we’ll be happy to help your family grow healthier.