6 Minutes a Day That Will Change Your Life.
I think at some point in all of our lives, we realize that we could do more. We could accomplish more. As A chiropractor, I talk about But there’s not enough time in the day. At least that’s what we tell ourselves. But I’m sure you’ve looked at certain people and have wondered, why do they accomplish so much in their day.
Did they have more time in their day? Probably not.
Did they make the time they had more effective? Most certainly.
If you’re going to accomplish major goals, you’ll want to use your time as effectively as possible. In the book Miracle Morning, by Hal Elrod, you can have a life changing day by incorporating only 6 minutes of specific focused activity.
However, I’m going to make a recommendation that will challenge your thinking a little.
Wake up one hour early……
I said it. Wake up an hour early and use that hour to be really focused and intentional on achieving your goals in life and in health.
Now I’m not recommending depriving yourself of sleep, however, each of our sleep needs can be quite different. And if you go into the night telling yourself that you will wake up refreshed and ready to take on your day. You are much more likely to do so.
So, what are you going to do with that extra hour.
- Prayer, Meditation, Silence: Spend just a moment shutting off all outside disturbances, and meditating is a powerful beginning to the day. It resets the mind and prepares your for the amazing things to come.
- Tell yourself positive things. Affirmations are a very common thing that people achieving success do. Think about what your goals are in life. What are our deepest desires? What do you pray for? Tell yourself how you’re going to achieve it.
- Visualization: Think about what it looks like being the person who has achieved those goals. What does losing 20lbs look like. What does having no pain look like. Imagine your life if you really did make 1,000,000 dollars in the next 5 years. It’s your goal, imagine what it looks like.
- Write it down: Here’s what you want to write down:
- what you’re thankful for
- what you’re proud of
- the results you’re committed to producing
5. Reading: Read something that will help you achieve your goals in life. there is no shortage of books that can make a positive difference in your daily life. Whether it’s the Bible, motivational books, informational journals, or novels, just taking time to read will fill your mind with new ways to achieve what you desire.
6. Exercise: Spend focused time taking care of your body. You’ll feel better, your morning will be energized. Your mind will be clearer (research says so), and you’ll also come closer to reaching your health goals.
Each of these steps can be done in as little as 1 minute apiece. Making your “Miracle Morning” a simple 6 minute process. You may laugh at that thought, but you can spend a minute in silence. You can spend only one minute telling yourself positive things and I bet for some of you, it will be the longest amount of time you’ve told yourself something positive. You can spend a minute writing down a couple of things that you’re thankful for and what you’re going to do to accomplish your goals today. You can do 50 jumping jacks and while it’s not enough to help you lose 20lbs, it will energize you to begin your day.
There’s no one size fits all with this one, but find time to make your morning, an amazing one.
Have a great week.