By now, you have probably heard the words probiotics, microbiome, and gut health. But what you may not have known is that microbes (bacterial cells) outnumber human cells by 10 to 1, and these microorganisms are essential to life and very essential to healthy living.
Full of it
The body is full of bacteria both good and bad. When those bacteria are balanced, the good guys are going to work hard to keep us really healthy. But sometimes, there are too many bad guys living inside you. They cause the good ones to struggle to survive and then they don’t do their jobs properly.
GOOD NEWS! We can swing the balance of bacteria towards the good side by taking probiotics. They will replenish the normal bacteria in our bodies and give us tons of health benefits.
Top Reasons To Take Probiotics
This post will cover the top reasons you’ll want to be taking probiotics. By the time we’re done, you’ll have a good idea of which probiotic is going to be best.
Following are symptoms that can be relieved by probiotics:
- Diarrhea: a problem, especially after antibiotic treatment, that can be helped by probiotic supplements.
- Allergy prevention: There are countless studies that have shown that giving probiotics to the mothers during pregnancy and then to the baby can reduce the chance of developing allergic skin rashes by half in babies. Probiotics even help even when you already have a rash.
- Colic and reflux relief: There are very specific strains of probiotics that are found in healthy babies. When those strains are absent or low, the instance of reflux and colic in babies are higher. You’ll want to supplement with bifidobacterium for healthy babies.
- Balance your immune system: Your gut houses 80% of your immune system. Since so many immune cells are in the digestive tract, you really need to have a strong community of beneficial bacteria.
- Improve your mood: Guess what? That “gut feeling” is more than just a hunch. Your mental and emotional balance is dependent on a healthy gut environment. Almost 95% of your body’s serotonin – the happiness chemical found in your brain, is manufactured in your gut bacteria. So you definitely want to replenish them.
- Maintain a healthy body weight: Having a healthy balance of microflora in your gut helps speed up your metabolism and can even encourage weight loss. Specific strains of probiotics will encourage you to feel full which causes decrease calorie consumption which will lead you to lose weight.
- Keeps Inflammation in check: Probiotics can help you to relieve temporary inflammation – improving the health of your bones, joints, skin, and other areas of the body.
- Reduce fatigue: Have you felt tired even after you have gotten enough rest? A balanced gut can help you to supercharge your energy stores. An unhealthy gut causes poor digestion leading to fatigue.
- Balance your blood sugar: Probiotics can help balance blood sugar levels because the gut bacteria communicate with your cells sending chemical messages throughout your body. This communication process helps your body to support and maintain healthy glucose levels. Taking a daily probiotic ensures that enough of the good guys are working on your behalf.
Which probiotic should you choose?
There are lots of choices out there for probiotics. You can usually find a broad spectrum probiotic in almost every store. We love Metagenics probiotics for a number of reasons:
- Temperature controlled manufacturing, storage, and delivery: failure to control probiotic temperature will kill the bacteria which means you’ll be buying junk.
- Practitioner recommended brand worldwide
- Formulated with clinically studied strains: you want the proper strains of bacteria if you’re going to achieve the desired effect.
- Quality therapeutic products
- Genetically identified strains
- Optimized packaging
- Guaranteed potency at expiration
- Triple GMP certified manufacturing: a third party comes in and determines that Metagenics is using the highest quality manufacturing.
Get the right probiotic:
Weight loss: Ultra Flora Control is a probiotic that helps you to lose weight. The bifidobacterium lactic B-420 helps control body fat and body weight.
Acute Bowel Distress: Ultra Flora Acute Care: This product is a unique blend of friendly bacteria to support immune health and provide targeted relief for acute bowel distress including loose stools.
Leaky Gut Syndrome: Ultra Flora Integrity has the ability to influence the tight junctions between intestinal cells improving leaky gut symptoms.
Immune Booster: Ultra Flora Immune Booster will support healthy nasal, Sinus and respiratory function.
Great All Purpose Probiotic: Ultra Flora Spectrum, High quality broad spectrum probiotic with GI and immune benefits.
You now understand that there’s a great need for probiotic support. You know the best company for probiotics and you have the tools you need to use probiotics to keep your body healthy.
Take positive steps to ensure a healthy gut for a lifetime.
Hills, Jenny (2018) 9 Reasons To Take Probiotics And Why They Are Good For You, http://healthyandnaturalworld.com
(2017) 10 Surprising Reasons You Should Take A Daily Probiotic, http://hyperbiotics.com
Sonnenburg, Erica (2015) The Good Gut
Read Next: Chiropractic and your immune health