by Dr. Emil Tompkins, Marana Chiropractor who cares for families and children.
There are so many analogies that I like to use when I’m explaining how your spine affects your health. Today, we’re going to talk about diabetes. Diabetes is a problem where your body doesn’t produce insulin, or it can’t handle insulin well, causing your blood sugar to increase. This increase in blood sugar causes deterioration of many vital organs at an alarming rate. A large percentage of people with Diabetes will go through this unfortunate cycle:
- A lifetime of unhealthy habits (not eating right, not exercising, etc)
- These unhealthy habits will over time, break down the body. Then we develop degenerative diseases like diabetes
- Over time, the disease can breakdown your blood vessels, so badly that you can lose your limbs, enter into a coma, then die.
- Diabetes on average will cut down your lifespan on average by 17 years.
Not fun…. And this particular cycle (type 2 adult onset diabetes) is completely preventable.
Your spine is something that is responsible for protecting your nervous system. The brain which controls and coordinates every function in the body, sends messages down the spinal cord, then out of the individual spinal nerves. Those nerves travel and communicate to every single cell, tissue and organ in the body. If we have problems in the spine that can lead to deterioration the process (spinal subluxations) can look like this
- A lifetime of unhealthy habits (not eating right, not exercising)
- Overtime will cause slight spinal misalignments (subluxations)
- These subluxations will cause decreased nerve impulses to the muscles organs and glands in the body.
- Those muscles, organs and glands will have decreased function, regardless of the pain you feel.
- Over time this can lead to disease and poor health.
Not fun.. And again, 100% preventable
If we are going to have a positive change in our health, we must be proactive. Just like we must eat right and exercise to prevent diabetes, we must take care of our spine before we begin to have deterioration. Your family Chiropractor can do that for you. Every day in our office, we are working to help our patients maintain a healthy nervous system so you never have to worry about this devastating process.
Keep your spine and nervous system functioning at 100%. Have your kids checked for these spinal subluxations and help them be healthier from day one. As the family gets healthier, a community gets healthier.
If you would like to find our how our chiropractic office can help you feel healthy again, call our office now at 520-572-2596 and you can have a free consultation and we can discuss the best strategies to improve your health.
If you enjoyed this article, please comment below, share it with your friends. If you would like to keep in touch with Tompkins Family Chiropractic. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or subscribe to our healthy newsletter.
Dr. Emil Tompkins is a chiropractor in Tucson, AZ 85743, who has cares for thousands of families and children for the least 9 years. If you are looking for a family Chiropractor, you’ll be in good hands.